- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- You may not post nude, partially nude, or sexually suggestive photos.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name and each of screen names of each Avatar you have created under your account.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Terranova users.
- Our Service may be used and accessed for lawful purposes only. You may not use the Terranova’s service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or in unlawful manner or for any unlawful purpose or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links (“Content”) that you submit, post, and display on the Terranova service including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness.
- You must not :
- modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Terranova.
- copy, modify or distribute the App for any purpose;
- transfer, sublicense, lease, lend, rent or otherwise distribute the App or the Service to any third party;
- decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or create derivative works of the App or the Service;
- make the functionality of the App or the Service available to multiple users through any means; or
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, our computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of our providers;
- gather and use information, such as other users’ names, real names, email addresses, available through the Service to transmit any unsolicited advertising, junk mail, spam or other form of solicitation;
- use the Service for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party;
- violate any applicable law or regulation; or encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing
- You must not access Terranova’s private API by any other means other than the Terranova application itself.
- You must not crawl, scrape, or use any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) or otherwise cache any content from Terranova including but not limited to user profiles and photos.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email or comments to any Terranova members (“Spam”).
- You must not use web URLs in your name without prior written consent from Terranova Inc.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of Terranova, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your Terranova account. While Terranova prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that Terranova cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the Terranova service at your own risk.
- Our Service may change from time to time and/or we may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Service (or features within the Service), possibly without prior notice to you. Our Service may, at some point, include advertisements, which may be targeted to the content or information on the Service, queries made through the Service, or from other information. The types and extent of advertising on the Service are also subject to change over time. In consideration for providing you the Service, you agree that we and our third party providers and partners may place advertising on our Service or in connection with the display of content or information on our Service.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Terranova service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username that becomes inactive, violates trademark, or may mislead other users.
- We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
Proprietary Rights in Content on Terranova
- Terranova does NOT claim ANY ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) that you post on or through our Service. By displaying or publishing (“posting”) any Content on or through the Terranova Services, you hereby grant to Terranova a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content not shared publicly (“private”) will not be distributed outside the Terranova Services
- By posting Content to the Service, you grant us the right and license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content on and through the Service. You agree that this license includes the right for us to make your Content available to other users of the Service, who may also use your Content subject to these Terms. You retain any and all of your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Service and you are responsible for protecting those rights.
- You can remove Content that you posted by specifically deleting it. In certain instances, however, some Content (such as posts or comments you make) may not be completely removed and copies of your Content may continue to exist on the Service and/or elsewhere. We are not responsible or liable for the removal or deletion of (or the failure to remove or delete) any Content on the Service
- Some of the Terranova Services are supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that Terranova may place such advertising and promotions on the Terranova Services or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Terranova Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, (ii) the posting and use of your Content on or through the Terranova Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person, or that otherwise violates any applicable law and (iii) the posting of your Content on the Site does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of Content you post on or through the Terranova Services.
- When submitting Content to or otherwise using the Service, you agree not to:
- publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us, our users or any third party;
- publish any private information of someone, like their address, phone number, email address, and similar information without their permission;
- submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate;
- post advertisements;
- impersonate another person or represent yourself as affiliated with us, our staff or other industry professionals;
- solicit a user’s password or other account information; or
- harvest user names, addresses, or email addresses for any purpose.
This list is an example and is not intended to be complete or exclusive. We don’t have an obligation to monitor your access to or use of the Service or to review or edit any Content, but we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Service, to ensure your compliance with these Terms, or to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body. We reserve the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to any Content, that we consider, in our sole discretion, to be in violation of these Terms or otherwise harmful to the Service
- The Terranova Services contain Content of Terranova (“Terranova Content”). Terranova Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws of the United States and foreign countries, and Terranova owns and retains all rights title and interest in the Terranova Content and the Terranova Services. Terranova hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Terranova Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Site and using the Terranova Services.
- You may not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the App or the Service, including in any Content. You acknowledge and agree that any feedback, comments or suggestions you may provide regarding the App or the Service (“Feedback”) will be the sole and exclusive property of Terranova and you hereby irrevocably assign to us all of your right, title and interest in and to all Feedback
- The Terranova Services contain Content of Users and other Terranova licensors. Except as provided within this Agreement, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the Terranova Services.
- Terranova performs technical functions necessary to offer the Terranova Services, including but not limited to transcoding and/or reformatting Content to allow its use throughout the Terranova Services.
- The Content available through the Service has not been reviewed, verified or authenticated by us, and may include inaccuracies or false information. We make no representations, warranties, or guarantees in connection with our Service or any Content on the Service, relating to the quality, suitability, truth, accuracy or completeness of any content contained in the Service. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use or reliance of any Content
- Although the Site and other Terranova Services are normally available, there will be occasions when the Site or other Terranova Services will be interrupted for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of Terranova. Also, although Terranova will normally only delete Content that violates this Agreement, Terranova reserves the right to delete any Content for any reason, without prior notice. Deleted content may be stored by Terranova in order to comply with certain legal obligations and is not retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, Terranova encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, Terranova is not a backup service. Terranova will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Terranova Services, or the loss of any Content.
Creating a Terranova Account
In order to access and use Terranova, you will need to register and create an account (your “Account”). By creating an Account, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. When creating an Account, you may be required to provide certain personal information about yourself and will establish a username and a password. You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about your Account.
When creating an Account, don’t:
- provide any false personal information to us or create any account for anyone other than yourself without such other person’s permission;
- use a username that is the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person;
- use a username that is subject to rights of another person without appropriate authorization; or
- use a username that is offensive, vulgar or obscene or otherwise in bad taste.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Account if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be inaccurate, false or misleading or to reclaim any username that you create through the Service that violates our Terms. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and Account, and agree to notify us if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an unauthorized third party, or otherwise may have been compromised. You are responsible for activities that occur under your Account.
You can link your Account to various webmail, social networking, and other online accounts. You may only link your own accounts. We will access and retrieve your account information from these sites on your behalf (in some cases, by using your username and password) to make certain information or services available to you through the Service. By linking your other accounts, you expressly authorize us to access your account information from those third party accounts, on your behalf as your agent and permit us to access, use and, in some cases, store your account information to accomplish the foregoing
We do not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service and will remove any such Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright’s interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL (i.e., web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work;
- identification of the URL or other specific location on the Service where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
You can contact our Copyright Agent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Copyright Agent, c/o Terranova Inc., 401 N. Michigan Ave. Suite 1200, Chicago, IL 60611.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) we incur in relation to, arising from, or for the purpose of avoiding, any claim or demand from a third party that your use of the Service or the use of the Service by any person using your Account violates any applicable law or regulation, or the rights of any third party.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Service may include links to other sites and services that are not operated by us. We are providing these links to you only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content or links displayed on such sites. You are responsible for and assume all risk arising from your use or reliance of any third party sites.
You understand and agree that the App and the Service are provided to you “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Without limiting the foregoing, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that the App or the Service will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis.
Limitation of Liability
OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FROM ALL CAUSES OF ACTION AND UNDER ALL THEORIES OF LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE APP AND IN NO EVENT WILL IT EXCEED $50. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (i) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE APP AND/OR SERVICE; (ii) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; (iii) ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE; AND (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you.
These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to any conflict of laws rules or principles. Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service. We may revise these Terms from time to time, and we will try to provide at least 30 day’s notice prior to any new terms taking effect. By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms.